Thursday, June 3, 2010

One of Those Days

You knows those days, when life seems so unfair? Today is one of those days. All week I've been killing myself (yes, literally. No sleep. No food. Body slowly deteriorating) to get all these culminatings done. History culminating. Math culminating. French culminating. I've been working my butt off (not literally this time. I've been eating junk food all week to sustain myself) and you know what I get for it? I get sick!! Are you kidding me?!? I can't afford to get sick now! I have exams in a week and a half! And I still have so much culminating stuff to do. This is NOT the time to get sick. But alas,


This sucks in SO many ways. I cannot afford to miss school right now. And I cannot afford to waste any time. But I also can't lift my head from my pillow. There's no way to get any work done. I was freaking out about the lack of time before I got sick. I have no idea what I'm going to do now. The suckiest thing, though, is that I am going to recover right before exams. Which means that I will be healthy enough to write them but not healthy enough to study for them. Yippeee!

Now, enough of this wow-is-me crap. I could have it a lot worse, I know. It's just hard to remember that sometimes. And besides, being sick has some benefits. Lots of tv watching (meaning lots of How I Met Your Mother, my new addiction, as well as a few Big Bang Theory repeats and a Project Runway clip or two). Lots of web surfing. I've found some pretty cool stuff:

As any Project Runway fan knows, Tim Gunn is awesome. And as I now know, his video blog is awesome. He tells his real opinions, and doesn't hold back like most celebrities. He's not right out mean, but he's honest, and very insightful. Sadly, only season 7 videos are posted on youtube, so the rest can't be viewed from Canada.

I stumbled across this blog in a Google search of some sort, though I can't remember what for. Wow, was I lucky. It is an awesome, awesome blog. The author reviews individual episodes of some of my favourite shows, like Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother and Flight of the Conchords. It really interesting. Also, the comments section is always great, reading everyone's different opinions. All together, one of the best blogs I have ever found. Hooray!

I love me a list, of course. And I love me a pop culture list even more. So, of course, I had to go through and find all the characters I knew. The bolded ones are my favourites:

94) Truman from The Truman Show (awesome movie, but I don't remember anything spectacular about this character)
92) Christopher Boone from Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime (GREAT BOOK!!)
91) Hancock from Hancock (meh)
88) Napoleon Dynamite from Napoleon Dynamite (a tad bit overrated)
82) Tracy Flick from Election (read the novel, didn't see the movie. Not Tom Perrotta's best work)
79) Elphaba from Wicked (my favourite character from my favourite musical)
69) Miranda Priestly from The Devil Wears Prada (good call, even if she was played by Meryl Streep)
66) Allie and Noah from The Notebook (Best Couple Of All Time)
65) Lorelai and Rory Gilmore from Gilmore Girls (Best Mother and Daughter of All Time)
60) Mary Jones from Push by Sapphire (AGAIN, GREAT BOOK)
56) Barney Stinson from How I Met Your Mother (been watching How I Met Your Mother for a few weeks. Barney is definitely my favourite character!)
55) Tracy Jordan from 30 Rock (pretty funny guy)
54) Juno from Juno (Ellen Page is awesome. And, incidentally, Canadian. Double awesome)
53) Edward from Twilight (oh dear god, KILL ME NOW)
46) Jerry Maguire from Jerry Maguire (only good Tom Cruise role)
34) Cher from Clueless (YES!!!!!!!!!!)
25) Woody from Toy Story (Childhood favourite)
24) Felicity from Felicity (awesome hair)
18) Sue Sylvester from Glee (Most hilarious character of all time!)
16) Bridget Jones from Bridget Jones (a little annoying, actually. And the movies sucked)
15) Shrek from Shrek (yeah, sure....)
9) Carrie Bradshaw from Sex and the City (I like Charlotte better, but Carrie's alright, I guess)
6) Rachel Green from Friends (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
5) The Joker from The Dark Knight (Did not like this film. Do not understand why this character is so high on the list)
2) Harry Potter from Harry Potter (Hermoine is WAY BETTER)

Good list. I mean Edward Cullen should go die (and, I know, he can't. He's a vampire and what not). And there's a lack book characters, which is annoying. And Homer Simpson won. The state of the world today, I tell you. But most of the shows I like were represented. And Rachel is 6th! Yah!

My head is officially THROBBING. Must go kill self. Or watch more How I Met Your Mother. Whatever makes me feel better (I'm betting on Barney, personally. Suit up!). Bye for now, dear readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...