Thursday, March 25, 2010

And The YA Award Goes To...

So, always one to be prepared, I did a little research before starting up my little blog. I read articles and articles and lists upon lists, trying to see what made a good blog. I wanted to have a good blog--one people would find interesting, visually appealing but not any eyesore, and one people would want to follow. I don't know if I've achieved any of these things yet, but I keep trying. I try to remember the tips I learned from my research. For example, I always make sure my spelling and grammar is correct (at least, as far as I can tell. I'm not too great at grammar). I try to add lots of pictures (this post being the exception). I try to think of witty titles (yeah, my wit is also not so good, as you may have noticed. I'm sorry, I really am).

When I was doing all this research I came across one tip I liked: Do things in series. Like this series from Pimp My Novel, for example. I couldn't think of a good series to do until I came across this survey. I was trying to think of which books to nominate, and it came to me, the perfect series for Katherine was Thinking: The Best YA Moments. Like my version of the Oscars, I will be giving away awards for the Best Kiss, Best Lead Character, Best Couple, Best Male Lead, Best Supporting Character, Best Ending, and on into infinity (or, until I get bored and need to change topics). These awards are of the highest honour, I assure you. When authors practice their acceptance speeches in the shower, it's for these awards. Yes, that is how important they are. No, I am no full of s***. Not at all.

As with the Oscars, we shall not start with the biggest category (Best Picture, or in this case, best book), but with a medium sized one to catch people's interest. Without further ado (and with no Neil Patrick Harris dance numbers. Sorry to disappoint!), our first category of the night...

BEST MALE LEAD
Definition: The guy who ends up with girl ie. Prince Charming
And the nominees are:
1) Michael Moscovitz, The Princess Diaries Series
2) Nathan, Psych Major Syndrome
3) Wes, The Truth About Forever
4) James, Audrey, Wait!
5) Eric, Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants Series

And the YA Award Goes to....(drum roll please!)

Yes, Nathan from Alicia Thompson's Psych Major Syndrome takes home the statue for this one. For those of you who have never heard of this book the trailer and author website are here and here respectively. Nathan, aka, Mr. Prince Charming, is my absolute favourite male lead of all time. I'm always a sucker for the whole he-loves-her-from-a-far story (much like in the Princess Diaries, Audrey, Wait!, and The Truth About Forever). I just love the idea of a guy watching a girl from a far, being totally in love with her. It's so romantic. Somewhat cheesy, yes. But so romantic.

Nathan is sweet and cute and he loves Leigh so much ("I love you too and the genius that Bono is, I don't mean the band"). He meets her during orientation week and instantly falls in love (that part I don't believe that much--I'm not really a love at first sight person) and he can't stop thinking about her. I love how awkward he is. I love him, plain and simple. I want a Nathan in real life....

Now, I'm sure Alicia Thompson stayed up extra late (9:30 pm) to see if she won. I know she's already cleared a place on her mantel for the award (a snapshot of this post perhaps?). And I know you're all on the edge of your seats to see who will win the next category. Stay tuned to find out!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...