Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Anti Anti Resolution List

I would dissect the episode of Greek that aired tonight, but I didn't get to watch it because, apparently, there was some hockey thing going on that my dad deemed more important than my show. So, instead, I've decided to write a little post, in the form of a list (as always). Everyone has been talking about their resolutions (or, alternatively, or, in a lame attempt to be alternative, the reasons why new years resolutions are stupid). I have nothing against resolutions (I make them and break them most years), but for me this isn't a year for resolutions. It is a year for endings and new beginnings, and I am so excited for all of it that all I hope for is happiness. I hope I treasure my last few months of high school (and my last few months of living at home!), and I hope I adjust well to whatever university I end up going to. Really, I just hope to survive. I have so much to look forward to and so much to fear in this coming year. So, without further ado,

ALL OF THE THINGS I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO IN 2011 

1) Graduating from High School

 
This is so me on my graduation day. At least in my dreams. I'll finish high school and wake up with beautiful blond curly hair, just like I've always wanted. And I'll have Pacey in love with me (I know, I know, that was Joey. Same difference)

I CAN'T WAIT! I CAN'T WAIT! I CAN'T WAIT! 
It's just so exciting. Bittersweet, and I'm sure I'll weep when it actually happens. But I know I'll be so relieved when I walk out of my last exam, and when I finally get that diploma in my hands. I'll miss (most of) the people. I'll miss (some of) the teachers. But I'm looking forward to getting out of there!!!

2) Picking the Perfect University for Me

Will it be McGill? UofT? Bishop's? Wilfrid Laurier? Nipissing? Winnipeg? Victoria?
???????????????????????????
You're guess is as good as mine at this point (well, I will admit, I'm pulling for Bishop's just a little tiny bit)

I am planner. I like to know exactly what's happening, and exactly what I'll be doing for the next hour, week, month, and year. Not knowing where I'm going is driving me INSANE. It's such a big decision. This will be the next 4/5 years of my life. It will determine my career. Where I live. Where I work. What work I do. So much pressure to make the right decision. If I could have one wish for the next year (wish, not resolution), it would be for me to pick the perfect university for me. Not the most reputable (McGill), or the biggest and most traditional (UofT) or the most obscure (Bishop's). But the one where I'll be the happiest. Now, if only someone could tell me which one that is (seriously, I'll pay anyone a thousand dollars to make this life changing decision for me. And an extra hundred if they finish my applications. I hate those). 

3) Decorating My Dorm Room 


Whew. Now that all the serious is out of the way, let the frivolity begin. First, the dorm room. I mean, there are just so many possibilities. And so many questions. What do I bring with me? How can I possibly choose one book over another? (Sophie had no choice compared to that) How can I choose what clothes, what movies, what tv series, what basic stuff? And then how will I decorate the room? What about my roommates tastes?  (which, really, isn't something I even want to consider) Unlike all the questions about what university to attend, these are questions I can handle. I love decorating! I'm so excited!

And now for the real frivolity...the Pop Culture Binge. In rapid fire succession, starting with...

THE RETURN OF MAKE IT OR BREAK IT

Emily and Damon! Emily and Damon! And Lauren, get off the show

BUMP, BY MEGAN MCCAFFERTY 

It may look weird, but I'm willing to trust it. It's Megan McCafferty, for heaven's sakes

WHAT HAPPENED TO GOODBYE, BY SARAH DESSEN

It's Sarah Dessen. A sure bet. I don't love love love the sound of this premise either, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Macy and Wes, Annabel and Owen, Remy and Dexter, and Auden and Eli. And it's Sarah freaking Dessen. It just has to be good. 

THE SOCIAL NETWORK SWEEPING THE ACADEMY AWARDS


And I'll have finally seen a Best Picture Winner! And I'll have a shot at winning my Oscar pool (with only two other people! My parents!)!!!

AND, HAND IN HAND WITH THAT....

JIM PARSONS WINS HIS SECOND EMMY FOR THE SECOND YEAR IN A ROW

My first love, my true love, always. Alec Baldwin, don't even think about it. 

There's more, of course. More books I want to read. More tv shows to watch. More universities to consider. And more actors to root for. But it's nearly one in the am, and I still have homework to do... for tomorrow at 9 in the am. I should really get going on that. 

Good luck on all your resolutions and wishes and anti-resolutions, and anti anti resolutions. 'Til Later. 

2 comments:

  1. I am looking for a high res pic of the dorm room on this blog. I am putting a brochure together featuring my wall murals. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. paul@wallsensations.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, I don't have the photo. But here's the link where I got it from--http://campusadv.com/green/?p=1008. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...