Tuesday, February 8, 2011

The Boy Of My Dreams

I am just so happy. Last nights episode of Greek was just so good. I literally cried (happy tears!)


I'm trying to remember the last time I was this happy that a couple got together. Maybe when (spoiler!) Michael and Mia got together at the end of Forever Princess. That's all I can compare it to. Because most of my favourite couples aren't together for the long haul yet--Chuck and Blair are still scheming, Kai and Erica are still stuck in different time periods, Bones and Brennan can't seem to feel the same way at the same time. And usually, when couples get together, you know they're going to break up--anytime Chuck and Blair get together, anytime Ross and Rachel ever got together. Or, it's the series finale, and all you get is one scene at the end of the episode. And while that last scene is usually great, what Greek did last night was so much better.


First, last night's episode rocked the romance. There were so many sweet moments. Right off, from the first scene, we got this moment:


I love Cappie so much! I loved the look on his face while he's watching her! My heart just melted. I'm a sucker for any watch-her-sleep scene (including the classic Pacey/Joey moment). And this one was just perfect. I wish she hadn't woken up. I could have watched him watch her for ten minutes. It was just so freaking adorable!

From there, the episode was fairly predictable. Casey freaked out, and just wanted to forget the whole night. And I don't blame her (well, okay, I blame her a little. It's Cappie, after all!). But she was right. They are still the same people with the same problems. She's still planning for the future, and he's still stuck in the present. He has some serious growing up to do, there's no denying that. And unlike in other shows I could mention (ahem, Glee and Gossip Girl) the characters don't change willy nilly, based on the writer's every whim. Casey is Casey, and Cappie is Cappie, for better, or for worse; sometimes that means us fans don't get what we want. I was bracing myself for that.

Then, it got so much better than I expected. I'll admit, I was a wee bit disappointed in Cappie for reacting so badly to the pregnancy scare. But again, blame character consistency. It wouldn't have made sense for Cappie to react any other way. And he was a good guy eventually. He's there for Casey. We know that.

Then, of course, there was the ending. Oh mon dieu.


After the end of the last episode, I never even hoped for anything this good. I thought it would create tension between Case and Cap, if anything. Instead, it created something so much better.

I'm smiling just thinking about it. I loved every moment of it. I loved the symbolism of it--how Cappie's going to be the adult for the first time, and Casey gets to be the child. I loved the whole swing thing ("you pushed me so high"). And, of course, the line that just melted me,

"You know the truth is, I did resent you Case. You kept pushing me to think about future, when I just wanted to live in the present. Then you pushed me so high that I finally saw it. What my future could look like. A job I actually like, friends I love, and the girl of my dreams on my arm."

Best line ever. It says so much about them, and about him, and it's just so romantic, damn it. That settles it. Cappie really is Prince Charming.


So the actual scenes were great. Then, there's all the meaning! By any conventional wisdom, it would seem as though Cap and Case would have to break up again, so they could get together in the finale. That would certainly happen in a show like Gossip Girl. But really, I don't think that's going to happen here. I think this is it. I think they're going to stay together for the long haul. They gotten over their main problems. I think we're going to spend the last 14 episodes just enjoying watching them be together. They may fight, or face new challenges, but I'm pretty sure they'll stay together. 14 episodes of bliss! I can't wait!!!

Also, I must ask: what does this mean for the endgame. If Casey and Cappie are together already, and they don't break up, what will be there big ending? An engagement? A pregnancy? What else could there be? Lots of questions. But good questions. Happy questions. It can only get better from here.

The whole Cap and Case dominated the episode (obviously), but I should comment on the other little beats.

Rusty's storyline was alright. I'm definitely pulling for Rusty and Ashleigh now. But I appreciate that they didn't get together in this episode. There was already enough goodness for one episode. Something had to be saved for later. So, I'm looking forward for when they get together, whenever that may be. They'll never, even remotely, be Casey and Cappie, but I still like them. I think they'll work.

I also liked that they checked in on Rusty and Calvin's friendship. I liked how Rusty apologized. Good boy, Rusty. The whole search they went on was a little bit dumb, but that's okay. All's well that ends well.

On that note, I should end the post well, with a simple good night, and a sweet goodbye. 'Til next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...