Sunday, February 27, 2011

Things I Feel Secure About

I always intended to write a counter post to "Things I Feel Insecure About" post. But....I kept putting it off. I wrote about Greek and Gossip Girl and other garbage like that, to avoid writing this post. Because it easy for me to talk about the things I hate about myself. That is a never ending list. That post was just the tip of the iceberg. Trying to talk about things I actually like about myself is much, much harder. In part, because I am insecure teenager who barely knows what she's doing in life. And in part, because of how counter it is to our culture. At fear of sounding arrogant, we simply don't say good things about ourselves. It's better to be insecure than a show-off, right? WRONG. So, today I will show off, or at least, share a short list of things I do feel secure about, things I actually like about myself. I encourage you to do the same. Because even though you're probably an insecure teenager just like me, and you probably grew up being told to be humble, it's good to appreciate ourselves every once in a while :)

Things I Feel Secure About

1) My Writing

The Only 12 1/2 Writing Rules You'll Ever Need

Believe it or not, I didn't start this blog to talk about tv shows. I started this blog to practice my writing. I love writing, and I am very good at it academically. I wanted to expand a little bit. And, as always, practice makes perfect. I don't like all my blog posts, but there are some I enjoy. It doesn't matter to me if you agree. I like them, and I like my writing, on the whole.

2) My Academics


I may feel insecure about my intelligence, but I don't doubt that I'm good at academics. I am great at them. I am a great student. I get every assignment done, very well, on time. All my teachers like me, and my classmates like me. I get very good grades. If there is anything I am good at, it's academics. Everyone has one thing. Mine is schoolwork.

3) My Face


I hate my skin, and my eyebrows, and my nose, and my hair colour. But sometimes, I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror and I like what I see. Oddly, it's usually right before I go to bed at night, after I brush my teeth. I don't know why, but sometimes I just look in the mirror in my pajamas, and I think "wow, I'm actually pretty". I can appreciate my face sometimes. I think it's nice to look at, at the right angle.

4) Certain parts of my personality


I can be funny. I can be a really good friend. I am helpful and nice and fun. I'm not arrogant or mean or spiteful. I like that about myself.

And now, I'm stuck. But I got a few. Check back in with me a few years from now. Hopefully I'll have a few more.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...