Monday, February 14, 2011

To All You Romantics Out There...

Today is Valentine's Day. I had never really thought about the holiday. Like everyone else, I exchanged valentine's with my classmates in elementary school. And I've watched countless Valentine's day tv specials. But I'd never really celebrated the holiday in that traditional flowers-and-candy-fancy-dinner type of way. For someone who loves romance as much as I do, you'd think I'd be more invested in the holiday. 

This year, I am learning to enjoy it. My friend was complaining about how it just makes her depressed, because she isn't dating anyone. It hadn't even occurred to be depressed about that. That's kind of a constant in my life. Plus, we're still in high school! I think I'll save that particular brand of self pity until I'm 25 or 30. So, no sadness on that front!

Plus, I've come to realize that Valentine's Day is the one time of the year that us romantics are actually celebrated rather than ridiculed! Yay! Valentine's Day has been so awesome this year, if only because there have been so many romantic articles to read: Here, here, and here, are a few, to start you off. 

So, I realized while I was sitting here, reading one of those Valentine's themed articles and eating my giant bag of cinammon hearts, that I rather like Valentine's Day. Because I love romance everyday of the year, and I love that there's specific day that celebrates what I love. I may not be in love, but I'm happy for all those people who are. Sadly, I don't get to sit creepily and watch their romantic nights tonight. But, never, fear, that's what tv's for. 

So, I've decided just to go through my favourited youtube videos and share the most romantic moments with you, just in case you're at home alone like me tonight. Enjoy. Happy Valentine's day to all.

Ephram and Amy, Everwood


Josh and Donna, West Wing


Angela and Hodgins, Bones


Novalee and Forney, Where the Heart Is


Casey and Cappie, Greek


Zoey and Chase, Zoey 101 (random, I know. But I always loved them...)


Happy, happy, happy Valentine's day, with a cherry on top!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...